Friday, July 29, 2011

In A Dream State... and This Isn't Inception

I feel I have sufficiently neglected my blog for long enough; I don't believe I have posted on here since January! I blame it on the fact that when I'm not "at work" I'm "working from home" writing blogs about events in Washington DC or the latest iPod news... Once you start blogging for pay, it is hard to enjoy it anymore but, goshdarnit, I am going to try!

Almost every morning, I wake up in the fog of the dream I have just awoken from. Personally, I dream in bright, technicolor with strange almost creepy surroundings. As soon as I am coherent, and think that I remember the gist of the dream, I begin my search for an unknowing victim that I will attempt to explain my dream to.

In my head, it seems like everyone should be fascinated by what took place in my subconsciousness last night, but once I start speaking, it just sounds ridiculous... or like I need therapy. The usual victims are my mother and my boyfriend Tom; I think they have learned to tune me out and pretend like they are interested because they have heard so many messed up dream scenarios by now. My mom will actually get angry with me for allowing the dream to continue, rather than wake myself up. For me, this is simply not an option. It doesn't matter how scary or impossible my dream is, when I am in it, it is 100% real to me.

I figured blog form would be a good way for me to attempt to put the pieces of my dream together and see if they mean anything, while at the same time, entertain the masses who are just dying to know what Georgia Hitchcock dreamed about last night. Well here goes my first blog attempt at recalling last nights dream events...

It began with the concept that Tom and I were going to move into an apartment with a few of my co-workers, Amy and Jen, and we were all very excited about this idea. When we got to the apartment where we were to reside, it was dark, and dirty and creepy, but it was also huge. I stayed optimistic at first thinking we could spruce it up and make it nice. Then came the news that we would have strangers living with us, whether we liked it or not. This was too much for me to handle and I backed out of the lease without informing my friends... real cool move, huh?

So, I blew that popsicle stand (that means I left), and my Dad began helping Tom and I look for a new apartment. We found this amazing one that came furnished with lots of purple furniture, which happens to be my favorite color, fireplaces, and high tech gadgets. The only problem was that along the back wall, which was entirely a window, we looked into a room that appeared to be some part of a water park with a slide that loudly erupted water every 30 seconds. "I can learn to get used to that", I said, "it has a purple couch!"


Before this dream faded into the next, I remember finding out that Jen and Amy were livid with me for abandoning them with the foreigners in our old apartment. I apologized and told they they could pay $50 to get out of the lease and everything would be hunky-dory again. This is where the dreams begin to mesh....

I was then with James Franco, yes the stunningly handsome James Franco with the cheesy, crooked smile that I just can't get enough of, and he was explaining to me that he is a werewolf! "That's cool, I can totally deal with that; you're James Franco!"


For some reason, I was dressed in what appeared to be a very tattered wedding dress and I was running as fast and as long as I possibly could to my house (not the purple apartment from before, but some new, strange, small house that I have never seen before). As I was running, I ran past a highschool friend, Melanie, who was also wearing a wedding dress and riding a bicycle with one of her brother in laws....

Any who, once I arrived at my house, I was devastated because I remembered I have a boyfriend, the wonderful Tom, and I was going to have to decide between Tom, James Franco the werewolf, and... Vince Vaughn? Yup, Vince was there, and apparently he wanted in on the action too.


So there we are, in my living room and James starts talking about the full moon, which I thought was really sexy, though I knew in my heart I had to choose Tom. (I love you, Tom!) haha... And then, I woke up.

Sorry, but not all dreams end with all loose ends tied up. In fact, mine frequently don't. I should also warn you, should you choose to read my dream blogs from time to time, sometimes they are really gory... just wait and when in a few weeks, we come to one of those dreams, don't say I didn't warn you.

I leave you with this quote from Inception, because, for me, it is especially true: "Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange."

No comments:

Post a Comment