Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Longer a "Blogging Virgin"

I suppose anyone who has ever started a blog assumes they are important or interesting enough that someone else out there in the universe (or several someone's) will care enough to actually read what they have to say. I am one of those hopeless and slightly narcissistic people. And I am ok with that. Is there a formula to follow when creating one's blog? I believe the first blog is always about the art of blogging itself and why the blogger feels compelled to add their nonsense to the already immense pile of shit that is on the internet. You don't have to rate my writing or judge it or recommend it to your friends. Just read it. Or don't. I will enjoy reading it myself plenty enough that I don't care if you do or not. I'm funny and entertaining all by myself, with myself, and to myself. And not just when I'm looking in the mirror, either. The best conversations are the ones I have with myself, the best dancing I do is in my bedroom alone, and I enjoy the sound of my own voice better than any one else's in the world. That being said, I'm not a loner and I'm not a bitch. I'm just a girl who says the "EFF" word one too many times a day, loves music of all kinds, (both the embarrassing uninspired, "top-40" kind of music and really great underground, badass effing stuff that is so cool you've never even heard of it). I love to read, and I have funny things to say and interesting things to talk about every once in a while. I live a neat life in the amazing city of San Diego and I want to tell you all about it. I might even brag about meeting Jared Leto once in a while, so bear with me. My name is Georgia and I am a comedian, a critic, a food and wine and beer-lover, a reader, a writer, a painter, a talker and listener, but first and foremost, I am a friend to anyone who will have me. I will love you unconditionally until you give me a reason not to. It's nice to meet you. Now read my stuff and tell me how effing ridiculous I am. You know you want to. I'm crazy... not just crazy, but bat-shit crazy. This was my first time; I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I don't smoke, but I feel like I need a cigarette.

2 comments:

  1. I like the last line. ya we need to pimp yo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the comparison of music to wine, and a fine Blink182 Chardonnay. Very clever, girl.

    ReplyDelete